Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Easy summer hummus dinner

We had our first delivery of a selection of summer veggies appropriate for dipping today so it inspired me to make hummus. I love the stuff and it's very expensive in the store for no apparent reason because it's so easy to make. Here is a basic hummus recipe but I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that are just as good.

I made hummus but added about 3 T of chimichurri sauce to half of it so I have two different flavors for dipping. We'll be dipping summer squash, cucumber, blanched broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tofu (experimental use of tofu -- I'll be pressing it to drain out the extra moisture and may give it a little saute to add some flavor), and toasted chips I made by cutting up some tortillas and browning them in the oven while the bread was baking.

Leftovers will make great lunches for tomorrow.

Sam and I have already been taste testing the chimichurri hummus and it gets two thumbs up!

No comments: