Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday of plenty


Large Bunch of Basil, 1 Onion, Head Napa Cabbage, Bunch Purple Scallions, Radicchio, spring dug potatoes, Tomatoes, Bag of Arugula topped off with Mesclun, Pete's Eggs, Butterworks Farm Maple Yogurt; Maple Wind Farm Breakfast Sausage.
We also got a bonus bunch of flat leafed parsley which unfortunately I don't like very much so I went looking for recipes on Epicurious and found a recipe for Chimichurri sauce. Sounds a lot like a pesto actually, pesto with a kick. I've got some moose or venison (who knows what -- Ben didn't label things well) thawing and we can put this over it.


Chimichurri Sauce (Epicurious Recipe)
My variations are significant and are listed below.
1 c flat leaf parsley
1/2 c olive oil
1/3 c red wine vinegar
1/4 c fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 t crushed red pepper
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t salt


Mix in food processor
The Anne Version of Chimichurri Sauce
2 c flat leaf parsley
1/2 c olive oil
1/3 c fresh lime juice
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 t crushed red pepper
1 t cumin
3/4 t salt
Mix in food processor
It tasted good to me! It's not too spicy and that's intentional because I'd like Sam it eat it. We ate it over steak and have a lot left for another round of spicy goodness.
Update 10/13/08: I froze some of the chimichurri sauce and today I mixed a half a cup of it with a pint of tomatillos for an excellent salsa!

No comments: