Thursday, July 9, 2009

More and more green!



Potatoes, carrots, lettuce, broccoli, Swiss chard, kale, kohlrabi, Napa cabbage, scallions, cilantro, fennel, Red Hen potato rye bread, unbleached white flour, sunflower oil.

I forgot to put the bread in the picture. Oops! But with all the greens I'm not sure it would fit anyway.

We've had so much rain I'm amazed we're getting anything at all. Our vegetable garden looks pretty bad so obviously they're much more successful at coaxing food from the ground.

I processed some of the greens for the freezer again.

1 comment:

LisaTV said...

When I get potatoes like that, I fry 'em in a little butter with onion, add chives, and eat them all. I'd roast up beets while that's going. And mmm rye bread!
That reminds me, I had a fantastic reuben at Madison's restaurant. Rather than sauerkraut they use some kind of unique homemade cole slaw and a horseradish-aioli on swirl rye. Really memorable!