Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fewer greens, more veggies

Tomatoes, basil, red bore kale, bunch of carrots, parsley, garlic scapes, Napa cabbage, scallions, Easter egg radishes, dill, broccoli, Elmore Mountain bread, eggs, Dancing Cow Minuet Cheese,
Castleton crackers, and cheddar we were supposed to get last week.



Lots of herbs this week so I'm going to make lemon, dill, broccoli pasta for dinner tonight. I'll add some goat cheese or whatever cheese I have floating around that might make it taste good. No recipe, just toss and go which seems to be my normal cooking mode.

I tried roasting kale this week, just because I like to use the greens first because they're refrigerator hogs. It's easy, 350 oven, remove stems, wash, spin dry, coat with olive oil and seasoned salt and bake 10-15 minutes until crispy.

They were okay right out of the oven but they rapidly moved to a texture that is somehow equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard. I don't think I'll try that again.

No comments: