Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The brown share

It's hard to get excited about the share at this time of year. It's all roots and we get similar items each time. It's not that it's bad, it's just that I replaced potatoes with potatoes, carrots with carrots, etc. The localvore stuff is more interesting. We ate all the cheese curds immediately and made good headway on the bread. The stock goes in the freezer with other stock I make -- I love having a nice stash on hand.

This week we've got: potatoes, carrots, daikon radish, purple top turnips, garlic, shallots, black Spanish radishes, Red Hen sprouted wheat levain, Vermont Milk Co cheese curds, miso from Les Aliments Massawippi, and Pete's chicken stock.
The radishes are back to challenge us. I wish I could find a way to serve them that we all love but, no, we've never found one. We tolerate them best raw after peeling, slicing, and salting.

No comments: