Sunday, November 9, 2008

Surprise share

On Thursday night my neighbor, the person hosting the share, called and said that someone hadn't picked up their share and asked if I'd like it except for a couple of things she'd already used. Turn down a share? Of course I didn't! But no pictures. Too late in the evening to bother with it I guess.

We got: Red kuri squash, acorn squash, garlic, Walla Walla onions, head lettuce, green tomatoes, bag mixed spinach, baby tatsoi and claytonia, sweet salad turnips, kale, bunch sorrel, oyster mushrooms from Amir Habib.

I spent a lot of the day on Friday cooking. I made chicken and biscuits for friends with a side salad (the lettuce, some salad turnips, and the sorrell which I'd never had before and it's a very citrusy and tasty green), and squash. I cooked the squash from this week and last and froze some and made the butternut squash into a squash, bacon, kale, barley and white bean soup. The soup was only okay so I'm not bothering to write it down.

No comments: