Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Squash Ravioli

Ah, leftover squash! What to do what to do. I was reading something that suggested making ravioli with it so I decided to give it a try. But of course I have to work with whatever I've got in my pantry because I don't generally shop for a meal, I forage. Amounts, as usual, are approximate.


Squash Ravioli with Sage Butter

Wanton or Eggroll Wrappers
1 c cooked red kuri (or other) squash
2 oz goat cheese
2 oz grated mozzarella
salt, pepper, other herbs to taste
2-3 T Butter
Sage
Beaten egg for sealing the edges of the wrappers

Mix the filling. Brush wrapper with egg, spoon about 1 T filling per ravioli. Seal. Heat butter, add dried sage (fresh would likely be better). Fry the ravioli in the butter until hot.


Very very tasty. Would make a very good appetizer since they get crispy in the butter. This made a lot so I froze about a dozen and a half. It'll make a good Thanksgiving appetizer!

No comments: