Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lemon Pepper Cookies

I just had a recipe request and since I was looking it up for her, I figured I may as well post it here. It's an unusual cookie, more of an adult cookie (and no, I don't mean the shape although of course you're free to do whatever you'd like), and it's strangely addictive. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I got the recipe.

LEMON-BLACK PEPPER CORNMEAL COOKIES

400F Oven
approx 8 min

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
3/4 teaspoon fresh, coarsely ground black pepper
Pinch of salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
zest from 5 lemons
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 large egg yolks

Mix dry ingredients. Beat butter, sugar, and zest until fluffy. Mix in the egg yolks. Slowly add dry ingredients until just mixed. Roll into small balls, place on greased cookie sheet and press down with a sugared glass. Bake until light brown. Transfer to rack and cool

No comments: