Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's blueberry season!

Sam and I picked for awhile today after he was sent home from school for having a fever...hey, he seemed to be well enough to be out and about or I'd have brought him home pronto! We went to a local organic berry farm and picked about 6 lbs of blueberries and a token pint of raspberries. Guess which are my favorite? The berries are huge this year so they made for relatively fast picking even with my unexpected helper. Most are already in the freezer preparing for a future as pie, crisp, pancakes, smoothies, or just plain frozen blueberries. I plan to go out picking a few more times this summer, hopefully alone so I can concentrate on volume instead of entertainment so my winter will be filled with these little luscious bits of summer.

No comments: