Monday, June 23, 2008

A greens don't

Ben eats just about anything without complaint. Sometimes it's without a lot of enjoyment but it's rare that he just refuses to eat something. Yesterday I managed to find something he won't eat.

We had tons of greens in the share this week, some of which were still attached to the veggies, namely radishes and kohlrabi. I decided to cook up those greens with a bit of onion and some oil as I do with lots of other greens.

Thumbs down! I don't think kohlrabi greens are really meant to be eaten without being well hidden in other foods. They're fairly tough and kind of bitter. I didn't hate them although I wouldn't ever seek them out. Sam ate a no thank you mouthful and had no desire to continue. Ben ended up throwing his away.

Can't win them all.

No comments: