Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm sure you've been waiting for this

Share time!

We're definitely into the greens season. This week we've got: Rutabagas; Forona Beets; Mixed Greens; Cress Raab; Mesclun; Baby Leeks; Pac Choi; Pete's Frozen Tomatoes; Vermont Soy Tofu; Maplebrook Farm Mozzarella Cheese; Les Aliments Massawippi Miso; and Elmore Mountain Multigrain Bread.

The cress raab is the stuff way over to the left and that stuff is BITTER! I'm thinking about using it in a soup to try to mellow it out a bit because I can't see enjoying it as it is. I've used the mixed greens and some of the tomatoes in a pasta sauce for dinner tomorrow night.

I've never used miso so that'll be an interesting test for me. There was a recipe for roasted root veges with a miso sauce in the newsletter so I may try making that.

No comments: