Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Zucchini

We've been getting zucchini and yellow squash in our share lately. I gave some away but it just keeps on coming so I decided to try something new and different. I read, somewhere, about using the zucchini as pasta and while I didn't really believe that anyone who loved pasta would be impressed, it seemed to be worth a try.



Pesto over Zucchini and Chicken

1 medium/large zucchini
Mix of fresh herbs (I used dill, parsley, basil, thyme, cilantro from the garden)
Olive Oil
Shallot
Juice from half a lime
Salt to taste
Cooked diced chicken

Use a mandolin to cut the zucchini into long spaghetti-like strands. In a food processor, make a paste of the herbs, shallots, olive oil, lime juice, and salt. Mix everything together. Enjoy.

It was a cool and refreshing and very very tasty dinner. Who knew that Sam would ever give zucchini a thumbs up?

No comments: