Thursday, March 26, 2009

March 25 Share

I realize I've never talked about what it's like to go get the share. The share is being hosted by my neighbor, about 2 houses away. It's all kept on the porch so when I walk in, this is what I see.

From Share Mar 25


The porch is just packed with goodies! This week we got bread and that's all packed in a nice big box.

From Share Mar 25


Most of the veggies are packed all together in one bag. In the summer these bags are often overflowing with greens.

From Share Mar 25


There are coolers full of various things. This is frozen butternut squash.

From Share Mar 25


And this one has cheese!

From Share Mar 25


Boxes of jars of honey.

From Share Mar 25


There were also big boxes of totes of apples. This makes for a lot of stuff to carry so I bring a bag so I can get all of it in one trip.

And this is the share.

From Share Mar 25


This week we got: Potatoes, celeriac, carrots, onions, valentine radishes, baby spinach, shoot and mesclun mix, Red Hen whole-wheat bread, empire apples, honey, and Blue Brebis cheese from Bonnieview Farm.

No comments: