Sunday, March 8, 2009

Celeriac and potato puree

Sometimes I have a recipe and none of the ingredients so I end up making something with just the tiniest bit of the original thought. This recipe started out as a celeric and apple recipe but I had just one sad little apple. And you know? This ended up being very very good.

Celeriac and Potato puree

Peel and cube a celeriac about 5" in diameter
Peel and cube about an equal volume of potatoes
2 good-sized shallots, diced
1 apple, peeled and diced
1/4 c butter
Water as needed.
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to about 375. Melt butter in a dutch oven. Toss in all the remaining ingredients and just a little water to make sure it doesn't dry out. Bake until celeric and potatoes are soft. Puree (I used the immersion blender) the mixture and add salt and pepper as desired.

Sam of course didn't like this but Ben and I did which was a very good thing because it made large batch.

No comments: