Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8 share


Red kuri squash, fennel, tomatillos, Walla Walla onions, sweet peppers, spinach, Bolero carrots, tatsoim, Champlain Valley Creamery cream cheese, Elmore Mountain apple cinnamon bread, chicken.


I think the kuri squash is just about my favorite winter squash! I just cut it in half, bake it, cut side down until it's soft. Scrape out the seeds and mash it with bit of butter and salt and enjoy.


It's nice to have some spinach for a change. We have gotten surprisingly little of it through the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so relieved that I got spinach instead of mesclun!!! I'm really mesclun-ed out.

I really liked the share this week, although I see another onion soup in the near future.

I squash is really neat. I drove up and thought they were pumpkins!!