Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pear sauce

My neighbor has two pear trees in her backyard and left an open invitation to come and pick them any time. I took her up on it and picked about 10 lbs of pears today. Some were very large and the others were tiny. What to do with them? Pear sauce, ever single pear. What is pear sauce? It's like apple sauce made of pears. A simple concept.

Pear Sauce

Lots of pears
A good slug of maple syrup (about a cup if I had to guess - vary based on sweetness of pears)
Water

Peel, core and slice the pears. Add a little water and maple syrup just to get the pears to start releasing their juices. Cover and simmer until pears are soft. Puree with immersion blender. Cool and enjoy.


I froze some of it for the winter but we ate some right away because it was so good. It got the thumps up from one of the neighbor kids as well as Sam -- he asked to take some home but forgot it of course.

1 comment:

LisaTV said...

I believe the pear sauce was my idea. Where's my credit, yo? ;-)