Friday, May 30, 2008

Judyboo Salad

Our friend Judy aka Judyboo hates just about every vegetable known to man so we were amazed and delighted when she showed up at our party with a bok choy salad. And it was good! She supplied the recipe and I made it as a side with dinner tonight.

Bok Choy Salad

½ cup butter (melt in large pan)
2 Tbls sugar
½ cup sesame seeds
2 - 3oz ramen noodles, uncooked & crushed
(this comes with a soup pack, discard flavoring or save for soups/rice/etc)
3 oz sliced almonds
Add above ingredients to butter, brown over medium heat. Cool in pan.

1 bunch bok choy
4 scallions
Clean, chop & chill in plastic bag.

Dressing
¾ cup oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup sugar
2 Tbls soy sauce
Mix all together.

Mix all ingredients just before serving; adding dressing last. Enjoy!!!

Comments: If you're trying to limit your fat intake I think I could have used about half the butter although it wouldn't taste quite as good. I subbed pine nuts for the almonds since we're still avoiding most nuts for Sam although I'm not quite sure why I bothered since he doesn't really eat salads.

No comments: